I recently tried my hand at etching a glass. Here is what I used and some tips:
- 1 Small Drinking Glass
- Armour Etch (Can be bought at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and others)
- Cricut Potpourri Cartridge (Cricut Bug Shape cut at 3 inches or whatever max size will fit your glass)
- Make sure the vinyl is flush against the glass, otherwise you may get etching cream under vinyl and may not get a perfect etch on your glass. I aciddentlly had a “bubble” and had a little bit extra run into the left side of the bughead.
- Apply a generous amount of Armour Etch. You can scrape off the extra later and reuse it.
- Leave Armour Etch on for at least 10-15 minutes (Scrape off extra making sure not to get it on any area that you do not want to etch!)
- Wash off the glass
- Make sure you do not get the Armour Etch on your hands for a long period of time. It is an ACID!!!